Friday, November 8, 2013

11/8/13

HELLO!
    Well another week has passed and the first snow fall has happened! Wasn't too excited about the snow, but that does mean that winter is coming soon and that means Christmas! I am so excited for the month of December to have the lights on every day and to be in the Christmas spirit! Temple Square I decided is just super awesome!  Especially during Winter.  There is a play called Savior of the World and the staff has blessed us with tickets to give to people we meet that we feel like would benefit from the message or to our investigators that we have, but they want us to be able to talk about the play and know what it is about so we get to see it this week!! 
    I don't know if any of you remember but President challenged us to start the Book of Mormon and to finish it before December.  We started September 1st and I got so into it and I enjoyed it so much that I finished it this week!  The Book of Mormon is the best and reading it more like a story and not as scriptures really helped me and I learned so much. 
    This entire week we have had mission meetings every morning at 7:30!  It has been a struggle some days getting here on time but it is exciting as we are preparing for the Musical Fireside on Tuesday.  I wish you could be there it is going to be really cool!  We start the program with Called to Serve with the famous 3 verse that we have and we are all holding our country flags and it looks really cool!  It has been a lot of work but I cannot wait to see the finished product!
    One quick story of a good experience this week!  So my companion was on exchanges with the District Leader and so I was with her companion and we came across this guy and his wife, his 2 little kids, and his parents.  They asked us to do the pin drop in the Tabernacle and so we did and then we ended up talking with them and they wanted to go EVERYWHERE.  They were so energetic and such a fun family to be with.  We were at the Conference Center and the dad comes up to me and says well did my wife tell you our story?  I was like nope and he says well we just got baptized 2 weeks ago! Even though we had no influence on them joining the church it just made me think of the investigators that I have had the chance to teach that have accepted baptism.  The joy that they have and the joy that this family had just made me smile the rest of the day.  It made me think on how lucky we are to be members of this church.  This church is so hopeful and so full of joy and it is such a blessing to have it in our lives.  I think so many times we take it for granted to be raised in the church but it truly has made me think lately how grateful I am to have the gospel.  
    Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and support.  I love all of you and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary right now.  Have a wonderful week and mom...have so much fun with your little grand baby!!!

The church is true.

Love,
Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment