Friday, November 15, 2013

11/15/13

Hello Family,
       Shout out to Hannah.......Happy Birthday!  It sounds like it was really fun to spend time with her for her special day and to of course, see baby Lizzie again! Sounds like everyone has been super busy lately........woah!  Maybe its because the holidays are coming up or something :)

      This week has been extremely busy for us too.  We had early morning practices and meetings every day this week........we were all so dead!  
     Our big concert was Tuesday evening and it turned out so well!  We filled the Assembly Hall and the entire General Relief Society Presidency was there and some of the board members as well.  The concert was so fun.  We started out singing “Called to Serve” and then while singing the 3rd verse everyone marched holding their country flags.......it was pretty cool actually!  We had a little celebration party afterwards and got home late, so President allowed us to sleep in till 8........best thing ever!
     And last night I went and saw “Savior of the World”.  I was expecting it to be pretty similar to the Easter Pageant, but it was actually a lot different.  
It was pretty interesting as they portrayed a lot of the story of Zacheriaus and Elizabeth and the angel coming to them prophesying that they would have a son.  The Easter Pageant goes through the entire life of Christ the main events, but this one really didnt.  It was awesome though.  Nephi and Samuel were part of it as well , so it was really interesting and cool to watch!  
     OK, a little sad news first, and the good news comes later.  I met this 16 year old boy on chat in June. I taught him all that I could and I asked if he would be baptized and he had a baptism date for the 30th of November.  He doesn't live with his parents, so he had to drive 4 hours to get his parents to give permission and sign the baptism papers.  Well, he wasn’t answering any of my calls or texts, and i was starting to worry a little bit.  So i called the mom of the house he stays with,  and she said that his mom didn't sign the papers for him to even keep staying at their house!  So, child custody services took him away.  Seriously, I am so bummed!  Please pray for him and pray that he can still get baptized.
     HEY, exciting news this week though;  So I have been teaching this guy named Steve from England since last transfer, (when I was with Sister Marquez).  He drives a train, so he literally has one day a week that he can talk and unfortunately it is my pday.  Luckily though he can email all he wants, so I have been teaching him through emails lately.  We hadn't talked about baptism lately though, and then I wasn't able to talk to him for a week.  But then this week I got a hold of him and he said  “Sister Marsh, I got baptized Saturday!!!  WOWW.......I was sooo happy!!!!! He was one of those people that we taught every week, but we didn't think that he was really grasping everything.  But apparently he was, and he is a member now! So awesome!  
     The church is true and God really does have a hand in His work and with preparing people for us. 
     Hey, I love you all!  Thank you for everything!!



The church is true.

Sister Marsh


       
My whole zone at savior of the world


No comments:

Post a Comment