Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12/3/13


FAMILY!!

     Well first off I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!  It seems like it has been forever since I have been able to email you.  A lot has happened since transfer conference! I will start with transfers first! So everything stayed the same with me and Sister Cardus.  We didn't move apartments and we are still member events, but we got moved to the Beehive House!!  My ZL though is Sister Lotoa my mommy on the mission!  It has been so fun to be with her again in the Beehive.  It feels like I am back to my 1st transfer because that is where I was trained. It does feel like it has been a really long time though since I served there though because my tours were real rusty the first day! So we are in the Beehive a couple days a week but only 2 times during the night shifts so we still get a lot of Square time that we can be around the Christmas lights and talk to the thousands of people. 
     Next Thanksgiving!  The Square closed at 2 so the whole mission left at 2 at went to this place called Noah's.  It is a huge building that is used for all events.  There was ice skating on the roof, ping pong, shuffleboard, pool, a walleyball court, karoke, dancing, and there was 3 theaters that were playing: Princess Bride, National Treasure, and Monsters Inc.  It was soo much fun!  It was kind of weird, I'll admit, to not be with family on Thanksgiving but honestly being at that place was the funnest thing!  Then for dinner Apple Spice catored everything.  We had good turkey dinner and rolls, and all the normal turkey dinner food!  Felt so full after!  
    The big exciting news for the week is that the Christmas lights turned on!  I would have never thought but it was way more people than conference AND it was for a straight 5 hours!  And every day it has been like that....it doesn't even get slower during the weekdays it is so crazy.  The Square is open till 10 during the month of December so twice a week everyone stays until 10 and then the day after you stay till 10 you can sleep in till 8.  Wow it has been so nice to sleep an extra 2 hours let me tell you! 
    I have been running into people left and right which is pretty fun too.  But my favorite part about this week is the new investigator we got.  Her name is Rachel.  She is 15 and from Ireland.  She came on chat and was asking about our beliefs and just how much she was impressed by Mormons.  She said that we are so genuine and sincere and she has never experienced that in the Protestant church.  We got her email because her phone charges us to call her :(  So we were sending her lots of emails this week.  We taught her the whole Restoration.  After I asked her if she would pray and ask God if this was true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet.  She chats back and forth with us through email so she says yes I will go right now.  She said she was waiting for her answer.  The next morning we checked our email and she says, Mindy I know that it is true!  I was like HOLY COW!!!  She says I think I might have to be a Mormon by next year!  :)  So we taught her about the Book of Mormon and she was SOOO excited!  We sent her a copy of it and she started reading it online until it gets to her!  She is seriously perfect!  I am so happy and it has been so good.  
     Well that is pretty much it for this week!  My new pday is Tuesday and pdays changed from 1-9 to 10-6!  So I will be emailing probably a little earlier than I usually do! Today was the first real snow day I would say!  Looks like a blizzard outside and I really do not like it!!!  But it is pretty I must say! 
    Yes mom, the green blanket will be the best it is her favorite color!  Sounds like you all had fun in St. George.  I did miss you all and wish I could have been with you!  Also that is so exciting for Brad and Emily I am praying that everything will work out!  Of course baby Lizzie is the cutest baby ever and I wanna meet her so bad!  Tell everyone Hi and that I love them!  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!



The church is true.
Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment