Monday, September 8, 2014

9/8/14


Family!!! 
     This week has been really really good, productive and exciting!! The week started off a little bit rocky, but has just gone up and up every day.  My mission right now is incredible.  I am so blessed.  I have so many wonderful investigators and sooo many miracles have been happening all the time.  It has amazed me how involved the Lord is.  I am just so grateful for him and for all the things he blesses me with.  
     Wednesday- We had a great lesson with Benson and the elders.  I am so happy that Benson has had the desire to learn about the church again.  He was not able to read the assignment that we gave him in the BOM, so we read with him from Alma 26.  We had a really good discussion about it and he is ready to act on the answers that he receives, which has been so cool to see!
     Thursday- This morning we had Relief Society and President spoke.  It has been a huge discussion lately on how we can be more effective and what needs to happen for the sisters to work harder and to baptize double the amount that we are right now.  I told President in staff meeting that he should speak in Relief Society and chastise the sisters...in a nice way, to get them motivated...well, he did!  He talked a lot about the widow's mite and the parable of the talents. Moral of the story he said, "When we are given a task or assignment we are to make something of it."  We have been given these 18 months to serve the Lord and to help everyone we can, to come to know the gospel of Jesus Christ and we need to take advantage of that time and to give our all to that task.  We were all motivated to conquer the world, so we had a lesson with John and the Elders.  John was someone we met at the Swahili ward last week who hadn’t talked to missionaries before, so we set up an appt with him and had the elders come since they are his local missionaries.  Well, it was an introduction to the church for sure.  He has never heard of the church and doesn't know much about any of the beliefs.  He had lots of questions that were soo good and it was so fun to teach him.  I am looking forward to the next time he comes! 
     Weekend- I had a heart to heart with President on Friday and it made me so much more calm.  I have been so worried about my last transfer.  I have sooo many African investigators and I just want them to be taken care of when I leave. I am looking ahead so that when I have to transfer them,  they will be good.  President understood exactly where I was coming from, so I am relieved.  He pretty much told me I could choose what I wanted to do for my last transfer.  He is amazing and I love him so much.  He also gave us permission to go to Peter's mission setting apart.  Peter has helped us so much with our missionary work and this week he has given us 7 referrals from East Africa that have all turned into new investigators!!  I am excited to go tomorrow to support him.  We have spent a majority of the weekend contacting those referrals and teaching them.  They are all so open to the gospel and so excited to learn from us.  Also, we talked Jamah this weekend and he told us that he is preparing to serve a mission!!!! How exciting is that??  He is meeting with the Branch President regularly and doing all he can to prepare to go in a year;  I am sooo happy!!!  And the best news of all is; a former investigator Jesse text us this week.  He only has texting on his phone, so it has been pretty impossible to teach him; so I just send him a text every once in a while and send him scriptures. Well, he text us and said he is getting baptized this Saturday!!!  WAHOOOO!!!! I am soo happy!  
     Well that is really it for this week!  It was fun to see Clara and Grandma and Grandpa this week as well!  I love you all so much and am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary it is the biggest blessing.  I love the gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  

The church is true.

Sister Marsh 

No comments:

Post a Comment