Wednesday, October 8, 2014

10/8/14

Hello Family,
     This week has been so great!  General Conference was wonderful as always and there were so many good things that happened this week.  Here is a little recap of the last week! 
     Thursday- I went on exchanges with Sister Weidmann.  She is from Switzerland.  She is an amazing missionary and I had a blast with her and so many miracles happened!  We took this wonderful couple on a tour Kenya and Dimitrea.  They were soo prepared for the gospel.  We taught them the Restoration as we took them to different places, and Dimitrea I swear is a member....she knew EVERYTHING!  It was so cool to be with them, we ended by taking them to the little movie about the Plan of Salvation and they were so happy they loved it and they wanted to know more.  They took Books of Mormon and they gave us their information to keep teaching them! We were taking ALL the tours so we went and took another tour right after that!  It was a couple and their daughter.  The wife is from Thailand and we were with them for 2 hours!  It was such a long tour because they talked and talked and talked but it was awesome.  They were very intrigued by the things we shared with them and so they told us please tell us more and email and call us! Then quick little story we went to Deseret Book to get something really quick and Elder Christofferson was there just roaming around and was like " Hello Sisters!" He talked to us for a little bit and we felt very special that he talked to us :)
     Friday- There was a missionary who served in Sister Sonku's ward for the last 9 months and so he finished his mission and came straight to Temple Square to see her and had his Stake President release him on Temple Square.  The Elder wanted us to be there too so we went.  I didn't know ANY of them and it was so emotional for me.  It made me not want to leave the mission ever! I am just dreading when President Hiatt tells me to "bear your testimony for the last time as a full time missionary" so I hope he won't :) and then he said Elder you can now remove your name tags...I just am going to be so sad.  It hit me hard during that little meeting that my time really is so short now, I can't believe it and it made me so sad to think my 18 months is already done and that my time as a full time missionary is almost over.  How sad!  My time as a missionary has completely changed my life.  I am soooo grateful for my mission.  It means everything to me and I am so happy I was able to serve. 
   Saturday and Sunday- GENERAL CONFERENCE MADNESS!!!!!!!! Sister Sonku and I attended the Saturday morning session!  It was wonderful I loved it and I thought it was so fun that they had general authorities speak in their native languages! I loved Elder Wong's talk even though I had to read the subtitles on the screen!  It applied so much obviously to me as a missionary but I loved how he said, " To assist the Savior in His work we must work together with love and unity." That is something I have learned so much on my mission.  I thought of me and my companions, when something was ever wrong, or we were not communicating with each other, our missionary work was not as good, but when we were working well together and were really unified. that is when we saw so many miracles and so many investigators progress! I also liked his comment about ANXIOUSLY SEEKING those who need our help.  I love that, as missionaries that is what we try and do everyday, to find those people that God has prepared for us, but I know that he prepares people for everyone not just the missionaries.  There are people that will be placed in our path that need us that need us to help them feel of God's love and we need to be looking for them and taking advantage of them when they come to us! 
     The rest of conference we will watch later- I promise- but we stayed VERY busy contacting people on Temple Square and talking to lots of them.  We were very very tired and our feet hurt a lot but it was so good!  After Sunday when everyone was gone we watched Meet the Mormons again as a mission.  It is the film that we watched back in April when I got back from outbound.  It comes out this week and it is wonderful it was just as good the second time than the first time I saw it! Everyone needs to watch it and invite friends and neighbors to go see it it is worth it!!
     Monday- GREAT day!  We had a wonderful lesson with John and the Elders.  We taught the rest of the Plan of Salvation and the Law of Tithing and he is solid for baptism on the 19th which is really awesome!  I can't wait!!  Then right after Frank came for a lesson as well.  We watched the Joseph Smith movie with him and he enjoyed it as well! He said he is preparing to be baptized October 26th! YAY!  Also really great news one of our investigators Margret was not looking forward to General Conference at all.  She was thinking it was going to be boring.  She had so many questions and she went to conference and she said, "All my questions were answered and I am in 1 Nephi 17!" So so happy about those 3 people.  I love them so much! 
     I love you all!  I am excited to see you this weekend!

The church is true.

Sister Mindy Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment