Monday, February 10, 2014

2/10/14


Family,
     First off THANK you for all the birthday gifts!!  I loved all of them and I am wearing the new clothes today along with the necklace!  You did a great job; it’s all exactly what I wanted!  Thank you so much! This week has been really good.  Monday we had a zone p-day again & played tons of games.... One of them was a dodgeball-type game except that you don't have teams.  Well, it came down to me and my district leader, (who is a baseball player) and he threw it sooo hard, and it nailed me, but then I caught, it so I WON!!!  I gave him so much crap for it. 
     Also, we have a baptismal date with BEN!  He is so stinking awesome and is progressing so well!  It’s for March 15th; but keep praying for him and hopefully we  can even move it up to March 1st??
     Well, we were grounded again 2 days this week.  One of the days we were visiting with some ward members, so we stayed with her and her family and helped her with a project she was doing.  We also ate dinner, played games and had family night........we were there a couple hours, but hey, our car was stuck there.  
And transfers are this week, so tonight we are getting our “transfer doctrine.”  Our district leader is leaving for sure, plus one of the sisters from our district; which will be really sad.......and everyone keeps bugging Sister Roberts that she is going to be leaving the area.  So, now she is all nervous and now I am all nervous because I would feel over whelmed if I had to take over the area.  But I will let you know for sure this next week.  
     Yesterday, the members we live with invited me & Sister Roberts AND the Elders for dinner.  We had a big dinner and even cake for my birthday!  
The couple we live with are the best!  They also took me & Sister Roberts out Saturday night for Mexican food.  They call us their “surrogate daughters” :)
     I love Marion though.  I love the people here and I love the ward.  We are trying to work a lot with the less actives in the ward and with some of the potentials we have.   We are trying our best.  Some days it is a little slow, but we are working really hard with the new ward mission plan/ referral plan that we are testing out; so hopefully we will see the some results of that soon.  
     And yes, I am staying warm even though it is so dang cold here.  I have already decided I am NEVER coming back to Iowa in the winter, ever again!  
     I did also get your letters this week; thank you so much.  I got them after I had emailed so I couldn't thank you until now!
     HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!  I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!  I hope you have a wonderful day, and also Happy Valentines day! This Email felt so short today; but it was a little hectic!  

The church is true.

Sister Marsh 

No comments:

Post a Comment