Monday, February 10, 2014

2/3/14

Helllllo family!!!
     Well, this week has been a little crazy. The first couple days of this week Sister Roberts was sick and so we stayed home for 3 days!  Kind of a bummer, but I thought that it was better to stay home all 3 days instead of going out for half the day and then having to stay home again because it got worse!  So, I tried to be really productive and I studied a lot and read the Ensigns.......every one that I could find in sight :) And I made meals for Sister Roberts:) 

     Later on in the week we were able to see a couple of less actives from the ward.  That was really good.  They were all really excited to see, and to visit with us.  One of the less actives has a neice and her husband living with her, and they are not members.  So.....now they are interested in being taught!  YAY!  Then on Thursday we had district meeting and I was asked to do the training for it.  Luckily I had ALL that down time this week to prepare, and I taught on “how to recognize the spirit”.  It was a little difficult since everyone recognizes the spirit in different ways; but I think that I was able to focus on a couple of things that could apply to all of us.  
      Friday we had a really good day. We contacted a bunch of referrals and it was awesome!  We are hoping that some of them will turn into “solid” investigators, so we are going to try and go see them again this week.  It made me so happy.  We also taught Ben on Friday.  He is the coolest and best guy! We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I was asking him tons of questions to make him think, and to let the spirit touch him more as he pondered and answered the questions.  During the lesson the spirit kept telling me I needed to ask him to be baptized........so towards the end of the lesson I asked Ben if he would be baptized.  He kind of disregarded my question a little bit and answered very vague, so I was like “awe come on”.  
And I was prompted to ask him again right away.  So I did.  I asked him again if he would be baptized.  And he said, he would! We still have to teach him a couple more things, but if you would pray for Ben that would be really good. Pray that he will recieve the answers he is searching for and that he will know the things that we are teaching him are true.  He could use all those prayers!  He also came to church this Sunday.  Fast Sundays are awesome for investigators and he really really enjoyed it.  
     Also, transfers are the 13th.........ya nothing will change for me unless Sister Roberts leaves; which probably won't happen.  Our district is going to be changed a lot though; which makes me sad.  We have become really close and I’m sad that they will be gone soon, but I guess it will be OK.  
    HEY, SHOUT OUT to Clay!!!!!!!!!!  I am sooo happy and proud and excited for him!  Hey, I would love to have his email if you want to send me that.  THanks!  Also, I can't believe it is already February........Holy cow!  and I turn 21 in a week!  WEIRD I am getting older:(  The only thing that I can think of that I want is stamps!  And I know this is really specific but I think Clara will know what I am talking about.  On Etsy they have these tiny dainty gold necklaces and you can get the shape of your state and they have a heart in the state.  Well I would like one of those that has the state of Utah (for Temple Square) and a state of Iowa.  You should be able to buy one necklace and put 2 states on it.  The state charms are really small though and that is what I want. and in gold please.  That would be the best thing:)  Besides that surprise me!!

     I love you all! Thanks for all your prayers and support!. Have a great week & I will e-mail again on Monday (my birthday).  Best part of pday!


The church is true.



Sister Mindy Marsh

  

No comments:

Post a Comment