Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2/18/14

Hello family,

     This week has been INSANE!!!!!!!!!!  
     Monday:  Monday night we went to the Ruge's for my birthday dinner!  We had a really yummy dinner and cake, and then towards the end of the night we got a phone call from the AP's.  They told us that I was staying in my area, but that Sister Roberts would be leaving, so she needed to start packing and we would need to be at Transfer Conference.  We freaked out!  We thought it was a possibility that she would leave since she has been here 6 months, but we didn't think it would actually happen because of the situation with me only being here for 12 weeks! The bad news about this whole thing is that we have to share the car with the elders in our ward.  So now we have to walk every other week, which makes me want to cry when it is 20 degrees outside, but it will be okay.........I think I will live!
     Tuesday & Wednesday: We spent a lot of time saying good-bye to people in the ward and to the investigators and recent converts.  We stayed up really late both nights packing and doing last minute things trying to get Sister Roberts all ready to leave Cedar Rapids.
     Thursday:  I was dreading going to transfer conference.  We left super early in the morning to travel to Iowa City. I was able to see Sister Pratt again and my whole district was there, so it was fun to see them once again.  The mission presidency spoke to us and they all gave really good talks, but I think that everyone in the meeting was going crazy and only half paying attention because we all just wanted to know who our new companions were!  SIster Roberts is now in Des Moines.  My new companion is Sister Nye.  She is from Brigham City, Utah and has been out for 7 months.  She is awesome!  She is hilarious and super hard working and I can tell already it is going to be a really awesome transfer.  Saying good-bye to my district though was the worst thing ever.  I cried a lot because I won’t have the opportunity to see them at transfers again because I will be back in SLC.  
So, it was super sad, but it will be a good change I think.  
     The rest of the week: This has been a very long week.  It felt like it was never going to end.  Sister Nye and I have been trying to work with the less actives A TON and find new investigators through them.  It has been helping a lot and we have some really solid appointments this week that I am really excited for.  We might even have a couple new families to teach now, and that makes me really happy.  I can't believe I only have 6 more weeks here.  I am starting to wish that I could have more time here in Iowa.  I have really enjoyed it here ad the people that I have met.  
     Also, yesterday it snowed 6 inches in 3 hours!  Literally the most snow I have ever seen.  The snow piles in front of our house completely cover the mailbox and are taller than me!  It is the craziest thing ever!  Today though, it is only 40 degrees and it feels so hot.  I never would have guessed that I would say 40 degrees was nice and warm, but it totally is right now.  I hope you had a wonderful birthday mom!  I hope that everything went well with the spine surgeon and that it’s all getting figured out.  I did write Hannah, Clara and Krissy back.  I am so bad at responding to letters because I NEVER have time to sit down and write; but I wrote some this week!  
     I am praying for you all.  I hope that you have a wonderful week!  Stay positive and look for the tender mercies in every day. I love you all! I will write again on Monday!



The church is true.



Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment