Monday, June 30, 2014

6/30/14


Family!
     WOW! Where do I begin??  This week has been a crazy roller coaster; so many new sisters and sisters from Outbound, and so many things happening all the time!
     Wednesday- I dropped off Sister Cardus at the airport this morning and it was so weird.  I can’t believe that she is already gone. It freaks me out because when she gets back from outbound, I will only have one transfer left. I’d love it if she could be my last companion and “kill” me on the mission! But today was my first day with Sister Gee........and it is going to be a dream!  We covered the Humanitarian Center today which was probably not the best idea because we had SO much to do and everyone was calling us left and right for things they needed and reporting stuff to us; but even still it was so fun.  We got to talk a lot and she filled me in on a lot of stuff that we do as coordinators.  Transfer days are always crazy and so tiring so I went home super exhausted. I moved apartments and now live with 2 ZL's, one who I came to the mission with and the other I have gotten really close with, and she extended to leave with my class so it has been so fun. Seriously, they are hilarious and let’s just say this transfer is pretty much perfect......in every way!! :)
     Thursday- President and Sister Poulsen got back this morning and we saw them at Relief Society. I didn't realize how much I missed them.  And the first thing he said to me was, "MAN, I don't know how the 2 tall blondes in the mission, who are already friends, are now companions?"  I said, "I don't either, but hey, it is your fault not ours!" This week has been quite hilarious especially because of the trainings I had to give for Guest Services and West Gate today.  I have never served at either place, but and I had to train the sisters on it, haha; it was comical, but I’ll learn. 
     Friday- So, all 200 of the sisters here have detailed schedules by the HOUR........and we are in charge of making those schedules.  They were already figured out for this transfer, BUT......lots of sisters are requesting different times for calling their investigators, but we can't adjust some assignments because of other issues, but we do rearrange schedules a LOT.  The annoying part is we have to change about 15 things after changing one simple thing; so it takes SO much time.  
     Saturday- This morning we had to give AV training, and when we walked out and Sister Gee's cousin was there with her 4 non-member friends!  We took them on a tour and were talking a lot about modern day prophets and the Book of Mormon.  At the end we invited them to read the BOM and they all took a copy and they ALL gave us their numbers so we could call and teach them more......AWESOME!!  Then we had a wonderful lesson with Jamah and he gave us a lesson as well. Then Sister Gee's family was here.  We were able to go to dinner with them and it was so weird because her mom is so much like you, mom, and her sister is exactly like Krissy.......so weird, but it was good because I felt super comfortable with them because I felt like they were my own family!
     Sunday- A wonderful Sunday!! This morning Elder Clayton from the Presidency of the Seventy and his wife spoke at our sacrament! They were incredible.  His wife spoke about seeing our self as a temple and having our spires reach towards heaven and being beautiful on the outside as well on the inside.  She also talked about how in God there is love, light and life and we need to put that in others we meet......and not let them take it out of us, but to put it in them!  Then me and 3 other sisters sang the musical number.  That was nerve racking, but it went really well. Then Elder Clayton spoke about making something of our self.  He told a story about some turkeys that learned how to fly and then walked home and he related it to us.  He said our missions and the things we learn can really change us, and we should use it to our advantage, even after we get home.  Great lesson!  We also had Staff Meeting today.  The mission presidency is hilarious and I love that I get to work so closely with them. They love the sisters so much and will do anything and everything to make us happy and successful. We have a lot of things coming up that are going to be so much fun, but they are secrets to the whole mission........except for us, because I have joined the "Circle of Trust" according to President Skanchy!  :) Then Benson and Sam came to the Square for a lesson.  It was soo good.  He needs to move out of his apartment before he gets baptized and he said that he got an offer for a contract so hopefully he can move out soon. The Lord is taking care of my investigators.......even when I can’t talk to them as much as I’d like to.  It actually hit me hard this week that when we do what the Lord wants us to do and follow Him, then He will take care of the other things.  He will take care of my investigators even if I don't have time to call them, because I am doing what he has called me to do this transfer.  
     I love the mission right now.  This is the best transfer of my whole mission I think.  I love it.  I love my companion to pieces and I love my investigators! Thank you for all you do and I hope that everything and everyone is doing well!  Love you all!

The church is true.

Sister Mindy Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment