Wednesday, June 19, 2013

6/19/13-Week 1 in SLC

Hello Family!!
     First things first... Happy Father's day!!! I wish I could have been with you Dad, not gonna lie it was sad. We had church in the Joseph Smith Memorial and we sang our special version of "Called to Serve" for the mission presidency!  
     WOW this work is crazy!!  I got assigned to the Beehive House so I am there multiple times a day giving tours to everyone  that stops by!  It is incredible the amounts of people that stop by Temple Square every single day to visit.  It truly is an amazing sight.  I wish everyone could see for like one day what its like. So every single day we prepare and plan for the next day and we plan it pretty much to a tee.  Then it NEVER works out at all!  The only thing that ever stays on schedule is our Beehive House shift, everything else is always jumbled because there are tours that come up everyday that we get called to take.  Our phone is glued to our hip because we are in constant contact with all the sisters!


     So this week was really good! Literally like 10 minutes ago we met a couple and their friend on the Square they were from Honduras and were there for the soccer game that happened last night anyway we took them on a tour and all three of them referred and all wanted a copy of the BOM....the miracles on temple square that happen in such short amounts of time are amazing!  The couple Ron and Sherri from the MTC have the missionaries over regularly and are reading from the BOM as well and are preparing for baptism!  We chat with people all the time on the internet and call them as well.  A guy named Michael the other day came on chat and started talking how dumb it was that we don't drink coffee and so on and I was like ok well lets just tell him what we believe and then end the chat well we ended up talking to him for a long time and his heart was softened and he asked for a BOM and asked us to stay in contact with him.  I have the biggest testimony right now that the Lord is preparing people.  People that come to Temple Square who have no idea why they are even there, are prepared without even knowing it.  The Lord is working miracles within peoples hearts that we can help.  It is truly amazing!

     My companion is AMAZING!!! Lets just say I hang out with all the poly's!! She is from American Samoa and is the best!  We are very similar and very hard working and teaches me a lot every day!  We laugh constantly and if you know anything about the Polynesian culture you know they joke, laugh, and are so loud all the time and are kind of part of their own clan....well I am telling you that I joined the clan!  I am with the poly's the most! I love them so much and I love the culture they have and the fun, loving personalities they all have!  Mom....I already know I want you to make her a blanket!!  

     My district is awesome! We have already grown so close together and we have so much fun as we sit in the Beehive House together...even though we hardly sit! We give tours every 6 minutes its insane!! I pretty much can tell you everything about Brigham Young!  Also I am THE ONLY AMERICAN in my district!  3 are from Australia, 1 Brazil, 1 Germany, 1 Fiji, 1 Samoan and ME! Pretty funny, but seriously awesome!! 

     We had explore days to see and tour everything for ourselves and I went to Gateway and right away I saw Shayna Norberg, Megan Skousen, and Rachel Tingey!!! I was sooooo happy! It totally made my day! While we toured we went to all the underground tunnels, we went to the 26th floor of the Church Office Building and ate lunch there, toured the Conference Center, the Relief Society Building and much more....Temple Square is amazing and I love everything about it!! 
     This morning all the new sisters that are in my "class" (all came the same day as me) were to study "The Living Christ" and come prepared for a meeting.  We all bore our testimonies of Christ and how he is a part of each of our lives.  It was the most incredible spirit and you can imagine the emotional Mindy came out!!  
     So for house keeping!! I would like you to send me a package cause I love mail, I don't need the shoes though but if you already sent them that is ok!  Also Clara's camera I think I might want that!  Mine acts funny sometimes and it gets annoying!  Also I met a girl on the Square just today that knows Shaun Baxter..... he is serving in her ward right now.  She got baptized a year ago after meeting the Latvian sister here!  Anyway I think that is pretty much all that happened this week!  I love this work and I love being here!!  Thanks for everything you do.  I love you Mom and Dad.  I pray for you and the family.  I love you all.  

The church is true!!

Sister Marsh
   
Temple Square
Me and Sis. Lotoa at the Relief Society Building
Sis. Tukuvatu (Fiji), Me, Sis. Bwaraka (Kiribati), Sis. Lotoa 
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment