Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6/26/13

Hello Hello!!!
     So this week has been really good!  We had a big zone conference at "This is the Place Park".  It is all about Brigham Young.  It was really good; all the zone leaders gave a little lesson and then we had 2 hours to just roam the parks and do whatever we wanted!!  It was really good and super entertaining and fun! Also, thanks so much for the package!! it was the best!  I love getting mail and packages and the sheets are way better!!! 

     To answer some questions, Sis. Briggs is with a sister from Hong Kong.  All she does is take huge Mandarin tours of like 40 people multiple times a day! ahahha!!!  Also, Sis. Lotoa, (my companion) served in Seattle.  She was in a Samoan ward and she loved it!!  She misses it a lot!  

     So, most of my day is spent at the Beehive House.  That  is my "assignment" this transfer, but all the sisters have “square time”,  where we spend time outside just talking to people.  But we also have TC time during the day where we go to the computers and phones and take mormon.org <http://mormon.org>  chats and phone calls, and talk to investigators, and people that have gone home home, but that we met at Temple Square!  It's pretty cool!  
     This week we emailed Ron and Sherri twice, but hadn't gotten a response.  I was starting to get worried because I love them so much and I wished I had been able to teach them in person.  I decided to just e-mail them and tell them I loved them and was thinking about them; they e-mailed back finally, and said that they have been so busy but that they are planning to be baptized!  So I called Ron right then.  He had just flown to Alaska and was on a trip with all his brothers, but said they will be interviewed when he gets back and then they will be baptized as soon as they can!!! I started to get all emotional; it was the best thing for me to hear!   Then I called Sherri and she was so happy to finally talk to me.  She said, “you changed my life and I told you if I ever joined, I would be a very devoted member and get sealed to my husband in the temple!” So they are already working towards the temple!!!!  (I am praying that I can pass off with the driving test stuff so that I can attend their baptism because they live in Utah!  Pray that that can happen; it would be my dream!!)
     So this Sunday my companion and I are attending a ward in Taylorsville and are speaking and doing the musical number for Sacrament meeting; ha! 
     I am anxious to see how it goes!  We had a couple of really good lessons and chats that resulted in new investigators and we have appointments on the phone with all of them this Friday!  So this is interesting;  we teach them over the phone exactly like we would in person, like saying prayers with them over the phone and everything......... it is kind of awkward at first, but it’s really cool actually!!

     We were not able to see the broadcast, but we are watching it this week for study.  But I will tell you something really cool;  our mission is often called the "pioneer mission",  meaning that we “guinea pig” a lot of stuff that the leaders may end up using for missions later on.  So, I’ve read a lot about the meeting, and EVERYTHING they talked about is stuff that our mission already does!!  It is very special to me that I am in this mission.  It is an honor and it is very exciting to me that a lot of missions are going to become like how this mission works already!!  I can't wait!!  

     Oh, and a new couple came to our mission after Elder and Sister Palmer (from Mesa) left.  Now we have Elder and Sister Frost!  I found out that his first name is Taggart;  so I was like, “is that a family name?”  We figured out that George Washington Taggart (my 2nd great grandfather) is his great grandfather as well!  He had three wives and Elder Frost came from Fanny and we came from Clarissa!  That's pretty cool right? Ahha!  Thanks grandma for helping me out on that genealogy!! 


     Brad and Emily, I want you to come visit me and go to lunch with my companion and I.  Ask my mom to help you.  You just need to call the President and tell him you’re coming and he should let you!  He is the nicest and I want to see you guys!!  I will tell you everything about Temple Square!!  Its pretty amazing how much history and pioneer things there are to talk about!  They give us big packets and books that we read and learn from, and then we learn from each other!  I have learned so much.   It’s crazy how much stuff there is to see and learn here in one city block!  
     And all the sisters are pros at relating everything to the gospel and the pioneers; so that we can be more that just a tour guides, but missionaries as we teach the history!  Its cool!!!  Well, I hope everything is going well!! I love you all!!  Have fun at Lake Powell without me!! 


Sister Marsh
My favorite Aussie Sis. Olden.  Reminds me of Marissa McDaniel-straight hilarious

Sis. Ichamaru from Japan.  So funny I love her and she teaches me Japanese.  I can now count to 10 in Japanese and say my name!
I am posing with all the goats at the park!!
This animal FREAKED me out! I think it was an emu??
Me and Sis. Lotoa with a pretty floral handcart!
Me and the AP's!  The one on the left is from Mesa and then the other is from Australia!

These are my Zone Leaders  Sis. Albanes from Australia and Sis. Davis from Cali!

No comments:

Post a Comment