Monday, March 10, 2014

3/10/14


HELLO family,
     Well, this week has been like a roller coaster!  I feel like a thousand things have happened, but I don't think this letter is going to be super long.  We have still been trying to visit a lot of the less actives in the ward, and trying to find new investigators through them.  And due to learning more about people in the ward and in this area; I have come to realize how blessed I am.  I have so many blessings and can not complain about any of the trials that I have ever had.  
     This week Ben had his baptismal interview and he was AMAZING!  It has been such a blessing to teach him.  He wants to follow Jesus Christ so much and will do anything to follow him.  I wish that everyone was like him.  It has been such a testimony to me that there are so many people that are prepared and ready to hear the Gospel. We just need to do our part and find them!  The baptism is set for this Saturday and I could not be more excited!  We have a good program set up and it’s going to be an amazing week!  Tomorrow we are also going to the Navuoo Temple!  I am sooooo excited!  I’ve always wanted to see it, but NEVER thought I’d have the chance to go during my mission, but I am! 
     This week has also been a little unfortunate.  The day we had Ben's interview we went to visit with an investigator we have named Janice.  She is an older lady, and when I was on exchanges last week I saw her.  But, when we knocked on her door, no one answered.  So we decided to go to her daughters’ apartment and talk to her grandkids. They answered the door, and told us that Monday night she passed away.  We were SHOCKED.  
I cried because I loved her so much.  I can not express how much I love the Plan of Salvation and know how true it is. I wish that everyone around me understand and knew about that plan.  
     Keep praying for me and pray for Ben as he is getting baptized this week!  I love you all and feel soo blessed to be on a mission.  I can't believe I only have 3 more weeks here in Iowa.  So weird, but I hope I can work super hard and finish strong here.  Missionary work is the best.

The gospel is true.

Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment