Monday, March 17, 2014

3/17/14

Family,
     Well this was a CRAZY week!  Absolutely insane!  There is so much to write about so I am going to do a day by day!
     Monday- Because we were going to the temple this week Monday was only emailing and then we went about a normal missionary day.  We didn't have the car this week and Monday we walked ALL day!  We walked soooo far I couldn't even believe it...we walked to our dinner appointment and then we couldn't even walk home our legs were JELLO so we had the member we live with pick us up :)
     Tuesday- The BEST day ever!  TEMPLE DAY!  We went to the Nauvoo temple.  We drove a little over 2 hours to get there and went to the 11 o clock session.  It was so fun though because the session was PACKED.  They had to ask people to do different ordinances and we still had to set up chairs in each room...but the best part was that an entire zone from the Chicago West mission was in the same session and 2 sisters from the neighboring zone to us in Iowa so 90% of the entire session was missionaries! The Relief Society President and her husband were also there and we are really close with them so it was super fun! The temple was amazing.  It was pretty small but the spirit is so strong and being in Nauvoo and at Temple Square where there is so much pioneer and church history, the spirit of the pioneers is so strong and special.  I have such a great love for the pioneers that I never had before!
     Friday- the absolute worst!!  Thursday night I woke up at midnight to my ear killing me and I couldn't sleep at all.  So the day started out not to well.  We had not seen Ben for about a week but Friday is our day we meet him.  So we planned to meet him at 4 at the library. Well it was 4:05 and he is never late so we texted him and told him we were in the back of the library at the tables.  He then calls us and says, "Would you please come outside I am having complications?"  So Sister Nye and I walk outside and see 2 police cars, a tow truck and Ben's car!!!  One of the officers was talking to Ben through his window.  We are standing there and in complete SHOCK!  We don't know what the heck is happening and of course every scenario is going through our heads.  Also to add to the drama it started raining.  We didn't think Ben saw us so we stepped a little to the side and he put his finger up to us as in like one second.  We were freaking out and just standing there.  Then Ben steps out of his car grabs ALL of his stuff and hands his keys to the officer and we are like OH CRAP!  Then he walks to the police car still not saying anything to us and takes his jacket off, hat off and gets patted down....HAND CUFFED...and then put in the police car!  Me and Sister Nye were appalled and had no words.  Ben told the officer he had to tell us what was happening.  So the officer came over and told us that he switched car insurances and it didn't ever officially switch over and so his license was suspended until it switched completely over but he had NO IDEA!  So the Marion police have nothing better to do and went completely OVER BOARD with the whole situation.  Instead of just driving Ben home and having a friend pick up his car, the police took him to the police station to do finger prints and towed his car!  HOLY HANNAH!  It was the worst the whole time I was just thinking..."If he goes to jail and doesn't get baptized tomorrow...I am flying back to Temple Square tomorrow!"  But he was totally ok.  He was out 30 minutes later and we talked to him and he is a stud.  His reply to the whole situation was," Satan is the worst.  All I am trying to do is study God's word and Satan is trying to shove me into the ground.  The last 2 days Satan has been trying to get in the way of everything but I know that I am doing what God wants me to do!"  SO AMAZING!!

     Saturday- THE BAPTISM!  The baptism was at 12 o clock and Ben had to go that morning to get his license back and of course the DMV took forever and so he showed up 30 minutes late to his own baptism, but it was incredible.  The spirit was so strong and it was well attended by investigators from our ward and from members.  Elder Carlson my old district leader who knew Ben really well came from Missouri to baptize him.  So it was fun to see him again too!  He got confirmed the following day.  Bishop had an interview with him and was so impressed he asked if Ben would want to receive the priesthood that day...the day after his baptism.  Ben told him he would in 2 weeks to feel more comfortable but it was incredible!! 
     Well that sums up my week!  My days here in Iowa are coming to an end.  I can't believe it.  I know that I was brought here for Ben.  I met Ben the 2nd week I was here and he was baptized 2 weeks before I leave Iowa.  I know that missions are so specific to each missionary.  I know that Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives and that as missionaries we are sent not only to serve with our assigned mission presidents and fellow missionaries but also specifically for individuals. I know that I was here to meet Ben.  I love him and feel so blessed.  I love this work and have never been happier. I love you all!

The church is true.

Sister Mindy Marsh
    

It was so windy!

No comments:

Post a Comment