Monday, March 31, 2014

3/31/14

Hello family,
     Well this week has been crazy crazy!  I will do a day by day account or I might not remember to write about everything that happened.  Also I am sorry that last weeks email was super short and lame....I think this one will be better :)
    Thursday- Transfer conference!!! Transfer day was the biggest tender mercy ever.  I did not think that I was going to see Sister Pratt, Rogers, Roberts, or Elder Carlson at all before I left Iowa, but they were all there!!!  It was the best!  Every single person I would have wanted to be there that I don't see in my zone was there!  So awesome! We also got put in a trio until I leave so we gained a sister named Sister Bingham.  She is from Kaisville Utah and is real cool and fun.  YAY!  Though it is a little crammed having 3 people sleeping in the same room it has been having her with us! Also when we got our phonecall about transfers AP Weiss told us to have a member drive us to Iowa City but that we were going to drive a car home to have it full time next transfer!!!  We were so excited  to have a full time car and we thought we were getting a chevy malibu like the rest of the mission has but guess what we got a TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)  It is the funnest thing!
     Friday- Not the best day.  I had my last "real" lesson with Ben.  We were reading in the Book of Mormon and as we were reading I could not help but just cry.  It really hit me that I was leaving and how much I have truly grown to love the people I serve especially Ben.  Ben was trying to comfort me knowing that I was crying because of leaving him.  He said the closing prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for me and for everything I have done for him.  Then I lost it again :)
     Saturday- It was fun to watch the Women's conference especially when I saw old companions of mine in the audience!  I really enjoyed the messages that they talked about.  I learned a lot about covenants, and I feel like recently that is such a big focus.  It has made me ponder and really learn and study more about covenants and I have realized that covenants is our link to heaven and only when we are keeping our covenants completely are we able to access that link to heaven.
    Sunday- We all didn't realize that it was fast Sunday...luckily we were in such a hurry that we didn't eat breakfast anyway, but I was grateful because I had the opportunity to bear my testimony in the ward one last time.  It was a mess though because I was crying before I even walked up to the stand and then the person ahead of me talked for 10 minutes so I just sat up there all teary eyed :(  Most of all though is it was wonderful because Tia our investigator came to church and 2 less actives that we have been working with that have been inactive for years were both there and it made me soo happy!  
     I have already started packing and it is the worst feeling ever.  I want to stay here.  I am excited to go back to Salt Lake but have realized that I feel I belong here.  A part of my heart is staying here for sure.  Today is pday obviously and Ben is coming to play sports with us so I am excited to see him one last time as well as the zone. I can't believe I will be back in SLC in 2 days.  Tomorrow my 2 companions will drive me up to Iowa City where I will meet everyone at Mission Leadership Council and then go back with the elders and sisters who are serving in Des Moines and then fly out Wednesday morning.  I might be depressed for a couple days but I think I will get over it....I don't wanna leave! But hey CONGRATS Brad and Emily on being parents to a new baby boy!  He is darling and I am so grateful that I am an aunt again and that I will be able to see the baby soon!  :)  I am excited to see all of you Easter weekend.  I love you all and am so grateful for all you do!  

The church is true.


Sister Mindy Marsh


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment