Monday, March 3, 2014

3/3/14

Dearest Family,
     Well this week has been rough!  We did what we could and tried to be as productive as we could, but the weather sometimes held us back.  
     Tuesday- We had exchanges with the sister training leaders. I stayed in my area and Sister Hill came with me.  She is awesome!  We had a lot of fun together!  We went and taught my investigator Tia.  She is 21 and has 3 kids already but she has gone through a lot and has come to the realization that she needs a better future and she is learning and recognizing that the gospel is giving her that hope.  She has very good desires and wants to get baptized but needs to marry her fiance.  But preferably quicker than they want.  I love teaching her.  I have been able to see her grow and see how much she has changed as she learns about Christ and the church.  
     Wednesday- We got grounded from walking and trackting due to the weather.  We didn't have the car this week so we got a ride to the church and for no joke 8 hours us and the elders practiced the musical number for Zone Conference the following day.  
     Thursday-  ZONE CONFERENCE!!!  Super fun.  I was able to see Sister Pratt the entire day! That was way cool. We had some inspiring training of course. I played the piano for the musical number and I also had to give a "farewell" testimony because the next zone conference I will already be back in SLC.  It was super emotional. I have come to love this mission so much. I love the people in Iowa, I love the missionaries, and I love it here...even though it is ridiculously cold!  
     Saturday & Sunday- We got grounded again both days from walking so we were stuck at home both days. Thankfully we still got to go to church.  BUT I got my first Sunday nap my entire mission.  That was nice.  I wrote the whole family letters so you should get them in a couple days :)  I spent lots of time studying and hanging out with the parents that we live with!  While at the time it seemed relaxing...me and Sister Nye were going STIR CRAZY!!!!!!!! We wanted to leave so bad!  Apparently this was the one of the coldest winters on record but because of this last week it because the #1 on record for Iowa.  HOLY COW!!!  I am excited for this next week! We have TONS of appointments and so many things to do!  Also keep praying for Ben. His interview is this Friday!  :)   
      Thank you so much for all your love and support.  I love you so much!  Remember...

The church is true.

Sister Mindy Marsh
Bruise from volleyball

No comments:

Post a Comment