Thursday, July 25, 2013

7/25/13

Hello hello hello family!
     So this week has been crazy!! Transfers happened...sisters went outbound, sisters came back and sisters left!  We had 54 new sisters come into our mission and so we are up to 200 sisters and will soon be to 220 in the next month!  A lot of sisters have been coming off transfer.  Nothing really changed with me.  Thankfully, I got to stay with Sis. Lotoa!  I was really hoping that I would be able to stay with her, and we did!  We got switched to a new zone and so our p-day is Thursday and our assignment is “All Square”!!  I will be walking the Square all day!  But it was good because when I have surgery on the 8th, I won't have to find cover for my assignments.  

     This week has been really good though.  Angel got baptized this Saturday and after driving a very long time to find the building that was very close to us, we got there and were able to be there for him!  He seriously was a miracle especially because we found him in the Beehive House and I have loved being able to help him and to teach him!  

     Tuesday was our transfer conference.  We gathered as a mission and TC Christensen came and spoke to us.  He is the film director for “17 Miracles” and for “Ephraim's Rescue”, (which just came out a little while ago), and other church movies.  So we got to watch a bunch of clips from different movies and it was so cool!!  We are so spoiled in this mission!!  We have very cool experiences and things that we get to do here.  One of them being the Pioneer Day Parade!  (I didn't even know that there was a pioneer day parade until last week),  and it was so fun!!  Pres. Uchtdorf was in the parade and many other people.  We were trying to find good seats and we found some bleachers,  but you needed a wristband......well, then a guy gave us wristbands, and we ended up with chairs and great seats!!  The cutest little family sat next to us and they had twin 3 yr old boys, and one of them loved us!  He reminded me every second to take a picture of the float!  :)  It was soo cute, and the parade was so much fun!! 

     Also, this week I saw the Garcia's from Santa Rosa!  It was so funny because she looked so familiar, but I wasn’t sure exactly who she was, and she had to tell me!  She also said they really miss our family in California!!  Also, it was a pleasant surprise to get to talk to mom this week!  I had asked Sis. Gillette to call, and when I saw her the next day I asked if she got a hold of her?  She said, “No, sorry I have been away from my office all day”. Then she said, ”Lets call her together!!”  Anyway, I guess I just got a little emotional because since I’ve been on my mission, I have realized  how much I love my family, and how special they are; especially my parents.  I also wasn’t feeling too great that day.  Anyway, so when I got to talk to mom,  I just got a little emotional.  Don't worry, I was smiling and I was very happy to have heard your voice!  No need to worry about me.......everything is GOOD!!!!  

     So, my new p-day is Thursday, so remember that!! :)  Thanks!!  Also, I forgot to tell you the best part about my new zone!!!  Sister Briggs my companion from the MTC is in it!!!!  And I am only 1 of 3 Americans in my Zone.  I am also the only one who drives from my zone,  so I think that p-day’s are going to be crazy and  packed because I am going to be driving people everywhere!!  Also, we have 4 of the 6 Poly's in our zone (half of them went outbound this transfer)  but our zone has almost all of them, and  that means it will be a party!!  Sis. Lotoa is our district leader so its going to be so fun!!  I can't wait!! 

     Thank you for all you do!!  I love you mom and dad!  I pray for you and I am so grateful for you!!  I am sure that me/Sis. Gillette will be in contact soon because of the surgery  but don't worry about me!  I am not scared for the surgery I am just counting down the days till August 8th!  Thank you and I love you so much! 

     Hope everything is going well!!


The church is true. 
Love, Sister Marsh
Me, Angel, and Lotoa 
This is Bob.  He has been here for 5 years every single day!  He loves the sisters on Temple Square!  I always remind him and tell him to never forget who is favorite sister is!!  He is in a wheelchair but it was so special because he wanted to show me he could stand for a couple minutes!

I know I look so gross!  I felt sick all day!  But this was at Transfer Conference with TC Christensen!! These sisters are all from American Samoa!  Lotoa, me, TC Christensen, Sis. Saili (just went home), and Sis. Savelio (just went outbound to Louisiana)!!
Me, Lotoa, & Tukuvato with our favorite twin boys!! Matthew and Jacob!! 
President Uchtdorf!

No comments:

Post a Comment