Thursday, August 1, 2013

8/1/13

FYI, the surgery Mindy is having is to repair an “umbilical hernia”.
And is she lucky or what to be in this mission??   The cool experiences just never seem to end:)

Hello Familia!!!
     WOW, this week has been so freaking crazy!!  I was able to see Kim and Rylee and Brooke and her kids, and of course, my very special siblings Brad and Emily!! (P.S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!)  It was so much fun! I was able to go to dinner with both of them, (thanks to my very very nice mission president), but it was seriously so fun to see them and be with them for an hour.
     This week has been good.  Last Saturday we were able to attend a Japanese baptism; and because the ward is Japanese,  I didn't understand anything.......except the Spirit:)  But, it made me really want a little Japanese baby!  The little kids were the cutest things ever and super obedient.  I just wanted to steal some of them!  
     Also this week we were told to not schedule any tours for this Saturday because there is a surprise for us........we are all going to GIRLS CAMP!!!!  So, on Saturday we are going up to the mountains and having our own girls camp and we even get shirts!  We are all super excited; so I will have stories and pictures of that next week!!  
     And my surgery is still scheduled for this coming Thursday. It will be on my p-day, so I am not sure if I will email or call. But I am positive I will be able to communicate with you somehow.  But, don't worry about me; I am not nervous, just so anxious to get it done.  I am so ready to get back to 100% and feel good again.  But, send your prayers and maybe some letters this way!  :) Please and thank you!  
     Ok, so here is a funny story...there is a CES broadcast on August 6th and 7th for all the Seminary and Institute teachers.  Elder Sharp is in charge of the music for our mission and only asked a few of the sisters to try out to sing for the broadcast.  Apparently someone told him that I could sing so he asked me to be in it.  And then I thought, “Why wasn’t Sister Lotoa invited........she likes to sing too?”  So, she texted Elder Sharp and said, “ Sister Marsh will be singing at the broadcast and I would love to come also, if that's ok?” Then he responded and said, “I am so sorry to be the one to say ‘no’, but I think we are good.”  Hahaha, I died laughing and now it is the biggest joke between us!  Anyway, it’s being broadcast EVERYWHERE and I get to be in it; so that is pretty cool!!!  I am excited!  
     It sounds like everything is good though, and I'm glad you guys are in a house now and not having to live out of suitcases!  I am happy for you guys.  I hope everyone is doing well. I am having so much fun!  There are times we get frustrated; but I have learned that when we have those hard times and we struggle, there is something good that is very close, around the corner, that is going to bless us.  I have already seen that since I have been here.  And it is crazy that we are about halfway through this transfer already.........the mission really does go so fast!!  
     Mom you will be proud-- I made a goal before I left that I would write in my journal, (no matter how long the day was), and I haven't missed a single day!  I am pretty proud of myself and I know I will be very happy at the end, when I can go back and read about the experiences and my feelings every day.  
     Thank you everyone for your prayers!  I feel the love and support every day.  And when I see people that I know, or think about friends or family, it gives me an extra boost of energy and I want to do my very best!  
     I love you all and hope everyone is doing well!  

Remember the church is true.
Love, Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment