Thursday, August 15, 2013

8/15/13

NI HAO!!! ( Hello in Mandarin Chinese) 
     Hello everyone!!!!  Well missionary work first!  We got 2 new investigators this week on the same day at the exact same time!  We were on chat and 2 separate people came on and they both referred and we are teaching them now!!  They both went to church for the first time last week and so we are soo excited and we think they are going to be really good!!  Also we had a baptism this last week!  Her name is Josie Ashton and she is 15 so we had to go through the parents which is not always easy!  Her parents are divorced and both remarried and so her dad and step mom were wanting her to get baptized but her mom and step dad didn't want her to!  I don't know what Josie did but she text us one day and told us her step-dad said yes!!  We were so excited!  But the best part was we went to the baptism and on the program it said, Candice Marsh would be welcoming her to the ward because she is the Young Women's President.  So not thinking anything of it, I went up to her afterward and was like hey maybe we are related and I pointed to my name tag.  We started talking and we found out that she is Jeff Marsh's daughter-n-law and so she married his son!  I was like are you serious!!!!!  I told them that Jeff was my favorite teacher at BYU!!  Weird connections and such a small world!!!  
     News in the mission....... :(  All the mission presidents attended a conference this week and something terrible happened they counseled all the Utah missions to have no more caffeine...so I can't drink Diet Coke anymore!  I was soooo sad and so many of the sisters were so mad it was so funny!!  They said we can drink it after our missions! haha Also our mission president is the nicest guy in the world.  We have been extremely busy with all the tours and opening the Square at 8 and so he wanted to reward us, so for the rest of this transfer we have P-day the ENTIRE day and not just half day!!!! Best thing ever!  We had it for the first time today and it feels so good!!  Also the rule with going to the temple is we get to go once every transfer (6 weeks) but to the SLC temple, so it is live every time, but the new temple movie came out and so President is allowing us at the end of this month to all go to the Bountiful Temple so we can see the new movie!!  Ahh our mission is the best and speaking of being the best!  Today for Relief Society we had a very special speaker!  We are very privileged to have so many cool guests speak to us so this morning, Elder Oaks' wife came and their daughter Jenny Baker who is an amazing violinist!  It was such a good meeting and the Spirit was soo strong!  Her daughter Jenny and her 3 little kids played with her.  Her daughter who is like 9 played the piano she was incredible and another daughter is no more than 7 played the cello and her son who is probably 5 played the guitar and she was on the violin!  Prettiest thing ever and it was amazing that her kids were so little but soo good!  It was like the Lowe family!!  
    This week has been really good.  I finished Jesus the Christ!  If you haven't read it you need to!  It taught me so much and made my testimony of the Savior as well as my relationship with him grow so much!  I realized that I am so imperfect and that I need the Savior and his Spirit with me at all times.  Christ truly is our brother and he died so that each of us as individuals could have someone to go to, to have someone who understands exactly what we are going through, and so that each of us could come a little closer to him.  I am so grateful for him and the sacrifice that he paid for me and for everyone.  
     I can't remember if I have told you before but something that is interesting that we get to do is team teach with the elders in the neighboring missions.  So the Elders will bring their investigators and we teach a lesson all 4 of us.  So guess who was the Elder that we had the lesson with?  Hunter Banks!  It was so funny!  So him and his companion came to Temple Square and me and Sis. Lotoa taught with them!  He had no idea that I had even come on a mission and he didn't know I was at Temple Square either so it was fun to see and be able to teach a lesson with someone I went to high school with!
     Last but not least I will end with a funny story!  So I am one of 2 drivers in my whole zone and so we do a lot of driving around sisters on p-days!  So this morning I drove some sisters to the grocery store, we didn't need anything so we stayed in the car and read emails that we printed off and wrote letters in the car as well!  We started to get a little hot so I tried to turn on the car....battery is completely dead!!!!  I was like are you kidding me?  So we had to call the Fleet (in charge of all the car stuff)  and they had to come to Walmart and help us.  Then they had to call the Fleet people from the Church Office Building and they had to come jump the car.  Fleet didn't want to risk the car dying again so they took our car and we switched cars!  ahhah it was a good way to start off p-day but it was funny!!  The sisters that were in Walmart had no idea that any of this even happened!!!
    Anyway I love you all!  I pray for you and I hope everything is going well!!  Thanks for everything!

The Church is true.
Much love,
Sister Marsh 

No comments:

Post a Comment