Thursday, August 29, 2013

8/29/13

Hello Familia!!!  
     Well, I stayed home two days this week; so I feel like nothing happened.  Actually, a couple fun things DID happen this week! Saturday we had a big “enrichment activity”.   We hiked Ensign Peak.  Ok, you all know me........I am not usually into  devotional-type hikes........BUT, it was very good!  We stopped along the way to have  little thoughts, and then at the top the AP's talked to us as well!  There is something about being on top of a mountain that makes you feel very small, and like you are the only person there.  It caused me reflect a lot on my life and what I want to do in the future....... things like that.  I'll admit it, I really did enjoy it!  Well, except for the fact that it caused my hernia to flare up. Sunday it was so bad that I had to stay home and rest almost the whole day!  And Monday I was still in a lot of pain.  I am anxious to get it fixed and to not have to worry about it again!

     Monday was a "mission meeting"!  We were all a little nervous that we were going to get chastised on obedience or something  serious.  But, we were way wrong!  President announced that ALL of the mission is going to read the Book of Mormon TOGETHER, from the beginning!  But I have a little head start, because after I finished reading Jesus the Christ a couple weeks ago, (amazing by the way) I started the Book of Mormon again.  So, I am a little ahead right now:)  

President also announced which sisters would be going “outbound” and there are 28!!!  It’s so crazy........the mission is going to feel way different!  Many of the sisters going outbound are some of my favorite sisters, and there are also some going home next week.  It is really sad.   
Speaking of transfers, they are happening next week!  Me and Sis. Lotoa will be getting split!!! :(  I am very sad!  I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful trainer and companion.  Seriously, I am nervous for Sunday, but we will find out everything then.   I am not sure when my new p-day will be.  So, maybe write me Sunday just in case my p-day is earlier than Thursday.  Crazy things are gonna happen.  New zone, new assignments, new roommates, new companion!  
     Also this week, President wanted to let us see the new temple movie, so we got to go to the Bountiful Temple!  We left this morning and it was sooo awesome!  The Bountiful Temple is gorgeous and the new movie is 1000 x better!  I love that we are able to go to the temple as often as we do!  It is such a blessing, and it’s so nice to be able to just relax and feel the Spirit and not have to worry about where we need to be, or what we are going to teach.  
     Quick little side story!  We have a sister from Taiwan in our district and she speaks Mandarin Chinese.  She thinks her English is terrible, and it is just hilarious!  But I love the International sisters because they know simple English, and they teach really simply.   So Sis. Chang led this tour and she shared the scripture James 1:5 and talked about Joseph Smith and after she read the scripture she asks, "So what does this mean or say?"  No one answered, so she said, "Well in other wards, if you are ‘stupid’ then ask God".  Seriously, I could not stop laughing!  So that is my moral to you, that if you are “stupid” and you don't know things, then just ask God and he will help you!  Hah!  
     The mission is amazing!!  Love you all!  Have a wonderful week and thank you for all the love and support you give me!


The church is true.

Love,

Sister Marsh
            
                At the temple with President Seppi
A picture will my people...the Poly's of course! 
                              
Me and the Phillipino Sisters!  Yes I am a Giant!
Brooke Eagleston and her kids

1 comment: