Saturday, October 19, 2013

9/4/13

Dear Family,

    Hello! Well, this week has been super crazy!!!  First off, my p-day is now on Wednesdays.  Transfers happened today and my new companion is Sis. Marquez.  She is from the Phillipines!  She was in my zone last transfer but I don't know her very well, so I am excited to get to know her and to learn Tagalog!  Also, we are now in charge of “Member Events”!  This means all the YSA groups, Youth Conferences, or private tours that get scheduled, we are in charge of.  I am excited!  I am sad to leave Sis. Lotoa, but she is still here and I see her all the time, so its still good.  And, I didn't have to change apartments so that is very nice.  Oh, and I am almost positive Mom, that Sis. Peters (Tazmine) is living in my apartment with me......how crazy is that??  
Well, today has been a little sad.  I took Sis. Tukavatu to the airport because she has finished her mission......it was depressing. The only bad thing about my mission is that you get so close with the sisters here, and then you have no idea if you will see them again, and they are from all over the world!  Or maybe that just means I have some traveling to do after!
    This week was a good week for my investigators.  I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and I was in TC (phone and chat center). And I don't know why that day was different, but everyone answered their phones and everyone was progressing. It was sooo good!  One of my investigators has been liking everything we are teaching him, but I just didn't feel like he was actually “getting it”, and it was so frustrating.  So, I called James and he asked if he could call me back because the missionaries were on their way over!  I have NO IDEA how they got a hold of him, he lives in the middle of no where and I didn't give the missionaries his number and he didn't call them........truly a miracle!!!  That night he called me back and he has a baptismal date set for the 28 of Sept!!!  
Another miracle, we had a chat with a kid named Jon back in June, and he told us he wanted to learn more.  So, we would text him scriptures and try to call him, but he NEVER answered!  It was sooo annoying and frustrating.  He told us that his cell phone only works when he is in the city because there is no reception where he lives.  So, I was thinking......wow, it would be a total miracle and perfect timing to have our schedules match if we call him when he is in the city........so, I decided to call him and he answered!!  I was SHOCKED!!  I was like, “Is this JON!?”  Anyway, I was talking to him for a while and he told me he has been going to church since we chatted with him in June and he reads from the BOM every morning and night!  I was like WOW, this is awesome!  We put him on date for this month as well, and I really think it will happen!!  Miracles are all around us and if we are praying and have faith, then we will be able to see them.  I love this work! 
    For transfer conference we had John Bytheway speak to us!  Wow, he is awesome.  He talked about Luke 15 and the 3 different parables about the Lost Sheep, the Piece of Silver, and the Prodigal Son.  I have never understood as much about those stories as I did when he went into so much detail! He talked about how they are all lost, and are redeemed in a different way; but all through the same person, Jesus Christ.  He said, " We are all beggars.  NONE of us can do it alone.  We need the Savior, ever hour of our life”.   I love when we have lessons about Christ, because I have come to a much better understanding of the Atonement.  I love Elder Holland's quote when he says, "It seems to me that missionaries and mission leaders have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane.  But I believe that missionaries and investigators, to come to the truth, to come to salvation, to know something of the price that has been paid, will have to pay a token of that same price”.  I love my Savior, I have realized that I am NOTHING with out him and that he is the one that will help me and carry me through! 
   Thank you for all you do!  I love each of you and miss you!  Have a wonderful week! 



   The church is true.



Love,
 Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment