Saturday, October 19, 2013

10/9/13

FAMILY!!!!
     WOW such a big week!  First off CONGRATS Hannah and Rob!!  I'm finally an aunt! I am so happy and the baby is a cutie!  I wish I was able to be there for the big day and to spend time with the family but I am a little preoccupied with the mission.

     I am sorry I haven't emailed for a couple weeks; I was home in Arizona on medical leave to have surgery.  The surgery went really well!  The Lord was definitely aware of me and my situation, and knew it would be a good experience for me to be back for General Conference.  The doctor cleared me to come back after a week post-op, and I am so glad that he did!  Conference was so fun, but also the most tiring thing ever!  I loved it though.  This is kind of what happened each day:  we would come to the square at 7:30 and eat breakfast for 20 minutes, then go up onto the Square and talk to everyone we saw!  There were so many people and it was so crazy.  I even lost Sister Marquez once for 15 minutes and I couldn’t find her anywhere.......and it doesn't help that she is soo short either:)  At lunchtime we would go downstairs for another 20 minute break, then it was back up to the Square!  To my surprise, the loud speakers on Temple Square actually play Conference, so it was nice to listen a little bit while walking around and talking to people.  Anyway,  we stayed outside walking around and talking with people until 6:30, when we would eat dinner;  then back to the Square we went until 9:30!  Luckily we had really good food.  Some stakes in SLC provided the food for us both days and it was super yummy and nice to not have to worry about cooking for ourselves.  After those 2 days we all had conference hangover!  We were dead.  Being on my feet that long after surgery was a little tough, but definitely worth it!  And coming from Mesa; I saw a LOT of people at conference!  It was so fun to see so many friends, and to be surrounded by thousands of members.  
     President was very nice and knew how hard we all worked, so he let us sleep in till 12 on Monday.  I was serioulsy out cold until 11 o clock.....but it was so nice!  Then we had a service project.  We went to “This is the Place” park and helped them set up for the Halloween haunted houses that they do.  Unfortunately, the service MY group was doing was moving and lifting stuff that was over the amount of weight I am allowed to lift, so I just watched everyone work......bummer!


     Well, it has been so good coming back to the mission.  The sisters have been the best and have made me feel so good and feel that I was missed while I was gone.  I love my mission so much and I could not be happier or in a better place!  I am so excited to see what happens next week at transfer conference!  So ya, heads up... .....my p-day most likely won’t be Wednesday so stay posted for new assignments and a new companion!  
      It’s weird, I feel like I just was put with Sister Marquez.
     Thank you for everything.  I hope you all are having fun in Texas with the new baby!  Love you all.

     
The church is true.

Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment