Friday, October 25, 2013

10/25/13

Hello Family!
     This week has been so busy!  I have felt like we have had a million things to do this week!.  I made Sister Cardus jump right into the middle of Youth Conferences and YSA's this week because we were  constantly busy with those, but they are very fun!  

     Sister Cardus is awesome........I love her!  She is on fire and is so strong straight from the MTC.  We have been taking lots and lots of Spanish chats, and it is super fun for me because it lets me practice my Spanish, which I’d been wanting to do.  She has to help me a lot, but since it is a “chat”, I can trick the other person and they think I speak perfect Spanish, haha!
     OK, so one night this past week we were planning on taking our dinner at 8 o’clock, and then NOT returning to the Square; but then around 7:30 we were just walking around and kind of just waiting until 8:00, (because we were very hungry).  But then we saw this guy, and I felt like we should go talk to him.  He was walking the other way so it was kind of awkward to contact him from where we were, but we felt strongly that we needed to.  His name is Jeremiah and we were able to start talking to him.  Sis. Cardus is not super confident in her English, (even though it is really good), but let’s just say, that I ended up talking a lot.  Jeremiah was baptized 10 years ago after his sister died.  And since that time, his life has been a mess.  He chews tobacco, does drugs, is addicted to pain pills, and is addicted to gambling.  He has been divorced 3 times and he has 3 little baby girls.  I turned to my companion and said, “I am sorry, but we have to help him, dinner can wait an hour”.  So we talked with him and took him to a couple of places around the Square that I felt he needed to see.  We stayed at the statue of Christ for a long time and the Spirit I felt was so strong.  This man has such a good heart, Satan is trying to hurt him so much.  It broke my heart.  I was almost speechless after we talked to him.  I felt like I didn't want to talk and disrupt the Spirit that I had just felt.  He told me after that he, “will NEVER forget the feelings he felt tonight”, and he wants to fly all his daughters to SLC so that they can feel the peace and the love that we helped him feel. Amazing.  I am now calling him and trying to help him be an active member of the Church and also help him overcome his addictions and the problems he has.
     Training is the best.  I just love seeing Sister Cardus do well and help other people.  We had District Meeting on Wednesday and we were role playing situations with our current investigators.  I actually have a strong testimony of role playing, because we always receive revelation on how to help our investigators, but I still don't really like to do it.  I was listening in while my companion and my Zone Leader were teaching another sister.  And as Sister Cardus was teaching, she was so powerful and was testifying so strong of her beliefs and we all were crying.........yea, we're girls.........but it really was so strong.  We usually evaluate at the end, but not one of the four of us knew what to say because we were all just amazed.  So, we just turned our chairs around and moved on.......hah, it was so funny!  I love having the opportunity to train, and the Spirit and energy the sisters have coming right out of the MTC is incredible.  It was exactly what I needed right after coming back from surgery and then General Conference.
     Thank you so much for the letters Clara and Krissy.  Made me so happy, and the pictures of baby Elizabeth are to die for.  I am about to die that I can't see her and hold her.  Honestly it’s so hard because she is the cutest!  I show her off all the time and to all the sisters because of how pretty she is!  
      Well, Halloween is coming soon and I am kind of excited!  I wish I could dress up and go to a haunted house or something, but being here is 100x better!  My hernia is doing really good. I feel so much better and don’t have any problems anymore!  
Thank you so much for everything!  I love you all.  Have a wonderful week!  



The church is true.

Sister Marsh 

No comments:

Post a Comment