Saturday, October 19, 2013

9/11/13

Hello Family!!!! 
   Well to be honest, this week has gone by sooo fast!  It has been  crazy just dealing with all the new things for the recent transfer and with a new companion.  We get a long super well though and I am excited to be with her.  I feel bad that I am going to leave her for a while, and she will have to be in a trio......she isn't too excited, but she’s just glad that I will be all “repaired” for Conference!  
So, this transfer we are in charge of “Member Events”, and we had our first one this week.  It was a big YSA conference from Weber.  So we had to plan the program and that basically means that we do the opening song, a game and then we show a video that can relate to the game, then we conduct short testimony meeting and then send them on a tour of Temple Square.  I was so nervous.  I usually do totally fine with huge youth groups or a bunch of older people, but I was so nervous for the YSA group;  probably because they are close to my age.  But it went really well, so I am happy about it, and I’ll be excited for the next one so that I can do it again!
   Oh, and its been raining a lot lately!!  I am praying the rainy season doesn't last very long, because it is sooo hard to take a group of people around the Square when everyone is holding umbrellas and isn't very happy that they are wet and everything!  They just don't always have the best attitudes and that makes it hard for them to feel the Spirit.  
     So, one thing that happened this week that was really good; was an investigator lesson that we had!  We took around a mom and her son Zach.  The mom is NOT active in the church, and the son is her step-son; so he has not been baptized.  The lesson was supposed to be for the mom, but the elders asked that we try and have Zach participate because their goal is to eventually teach Zach the lessons.  Well, I found out that Zach has Muscular Dystrophy and he wasn’t suppose to be able to walk or talk at all, but he did both!  I don't know what it is, but realized I love kids with disabilities like Zach!  The lesson turned out to be all for HIM and his step mom was helping us teach!  It made her realize the things that she needs to be doing in her life.  At the end of the lesson we were talking to them and the elders said, "Zach, would you want us to come back and to teach you more?"  And I will never forget how cute he was.......he said, " Yes that would be great......you are all sooo nice!!"  I am such a baby, because that answer, and that boy  Zach touched my heart, and I started to tear up when he said that he wanted to learn more.   
     Then a couple hours later we took 2 ladies around Temple Square and they asked me what we have learned since we have been on our missions.  I always have a different answer every time we get asked that question; but on that day, (after teaching Zach), I told them that I have learned how to love everyone and to see people the way God does.  God loves every single one of us, and I was able to truly feel a piece of that love when I was with Zach.  The love that God has for each of his children is uncomprehensible, but since being on my mission and meeting certain people, I feel like I have experienced a tiny bit of that love through meeting some of his children on the Square.  
   I was so sad I wasn't able to see Jessi!  Yesterday my companion was sick, so we were home all day :(   Luckily I was able to see her a couple weeks ago!  I miss her and I always tell people that she was my only friend when I lived in California!!  I hope she is doing good on her first day in the MTC. 
I sent her an email already, but if she is anything like me........I felt more relieved to finally be in the MTC compared to all the anticipation leading up to it!  Hey speaking of people we know.........I saw Jared Heywood today mom!  He served in the Phillipines in the area where my companion is from;  so they know each other really well!  (you might get a picture from Jill)  
   Ahhhh the Thayer Park ward........I miss that ward!  It seems really weird to think that you don't live in that ward anymore.  It doesn't  seem right, but I bet that all the people in the new ward love you guys!  How could they not love you! And NO WAY.........Garrett Rhoton is leaving already!!  Honestly I feel like just yesterday he was 12 passing the sacrament.  And I totally didn’t even remember that Madison was going on a mission.......where is she going?  Also, I am so sad to hear about President Olsen.   There are just some people in the ward that you think will always be there; and I feel like he is one of those people.  
   Holy cow, I am sooooo happy that Brad and Emily got an email!  That is so exciting!!!  Babies are going to be a part of the family by the time I get home!!  I wish I could be there when Baby Ryan is born, and when Brad and Emiliy get a baby........but I am so happy for them!  I always make sure to put “Baby Marsh” on the prayer roll in the temple and I pray for them too!  
    Well, I hope that I answered some of the questions.  I tried to address every single thing you said mom, so hopefully you appreciate it!!  And to address Dad's email now:) Pday doesnt really feel weird cause mine only changed from Thursday to Wednesday, so it’s not bad at all. I actually like Wednesday better.   And everything is all set for the surgery and for the flights.  I don't know the exact times yet, because the secretary hasn't talked to me yet, but I know that she booked them yesterday.  Conference is going to be crazy though!!  We have to be contacting people extremely early in the morning and we are here really late;  but I think it will be fun!  When I saw Elder Banks, he said at conference he gets bombarded by Mesa people!  I think that will be fun to see people, but I might be distracted because we have very lofty goals for referrals and things at conference!  It is going to be a very busy weekend; but I am excited to be in the middle of it!  Actually, being in the “middle” of everything that goes on for the church is pretty exciting!!  My mission is the BEST!  I love it soo much and I am so blessed to here, despite what I might have thought or said before I got here :)  
It is the best and I love it!  I love you Mom and Dad!!

The church is true.

Love, 
Sis. Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment