Saturday, October 19, 2013

10/19/13

Hola Familia,
     Why the Spanish???  Well, I am training a sister from ARGENTINA!!  I am so excited!  Her name is Sister Cardus.  She is from Bueno Aires and she is the sweetest person.  I feel like I have come out of my shell a lot on my mission and am more outgoing then I was before, so I want to get her to that point. She is pretty shy right now and I bet is just overwhelmed, but that is my job and I am excited to be able to help her, and focus on her and what she needs instead of what I need.  My new p-day is Friday and I am still doing “Member Events”, so we have 2 Youth Conferences this weekend and YSA on Monday.  So I am just throwing her into everything the first couple days!  Also, Sister Marquez is now outbound.  She actually went pretty early, and was sent to Richmond Virginia.  She will be there until February 19th.

     Conference was awesome!  Crazy busy, but so fun.  And ya, I pretty much saw everyone!  I have been to watch most of the talks over the last couple days, and was able to attend the Sunday afternoon session.  But I think my favorite session was Saturday afternoon; specifically the talk by Elder Holland.  One of my favorite things I got from the whole weekend was, "That love never changes.......it is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful.  God's love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve it.  It is simply always there.  Never ever doubt that, and never harden your heart."  I really love this because being on a mission helped me so much in feeling the love of the Savior.  Especially since a little piece of the love God has for his children gets to be emulated through me to the children I am teaching; and it is amazing to feel a piece of that love. 


     Ok ,and I am obsessed with baby Elizabeth!  I wish I could meet her, she is so precious.  I am jealous you all got to see her and hold her!

     This week has just been crazy busy.  Sis Marquez left Tuesday, so I was in a trio that whole day.  I had to take a bunch of the new sisters to Walmart the day they arrived, and that was super crazy.  I haven’t been able to have a normal “missionary day” yet this week!  My new companion probably thinks Temple Square is crazy!  

     Oh, and I had a very humbling experience this week that I know will have a big influence on the rest of my mission.  I had been thinking for the last couple weeks about what kind of missionary that I am.   I’ve also thought about “who” I wanted to be and what I wanted to do, and it just overwhelmed me.  And since I was really close with Sis. Fredrickson, (who was the AP and just went home),  I decided before she left I would write her a little letter and go in and talk with her.  It was such a humbling experience.  I talked with her about what I could do to be a better missionary and to be the person I want to be.  As I listened to the counsel, I had to put all the pride I had behind me; but I left feeling so humbled, and so excited and motivated to be the best I could be.  I am excited to be what the Lord needs me to be so that I can be a tool in helping his children come back to him.  

     I love this work.  I love being a missionary and I love this gospel.  Thank you for everything .  Have a wonderful week!  Love you all!

   
The church is true.
Sister Marsh



  






1 comment:

  1. I Love Sister Marsh so much and i miss all the Pinoys.....
    love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete