Thursday, August 8, 2013

8/8/13

Familia!!!!
     Well, I am sure most of you already know, but the surgery didn't happen today.  I will keep you posted, but I think it will be the first week of Sept.  Sorry for those who emailed and wished me good luck with surgery; but, thanks, I love you all!  
     School already!???  I seriously feel like it was yesterday that school was almost out, and now everyone is already back in school!?!  Seriously time flies!  And Clara is already a senior and Krissy is at MVT.........that is insane!!  
     Yesterday was one of the best days!  I was able to see Ron and Sherri Clark (recent converts).  I was so happy!  I could not stop smiling and they made me so excited to be a better missionary.  They are so fired up about the gospel, and are really hoping that the policy for waiting a year to go through the temple and go on a mission will be decreased to 3 months.  They want to leave right now for their own mission!  They are so enthusiastic that it made me want to work even harder.  
     So a couple things--girls camp last Saturday was sooo much fun!!  We all got matching t-shirts and drove up to Brighton Ski Resort.  While there we were able to zip line, and play a bunch of games that the camp provided for us.  It was so much fun!  I got really into some of the games and I ripped a big hole in my knee!  But it was totally worth it.  We did have to climb up a big hill to get to the camp site, and the camp instructors call the hill "Hernia Hill" ........ ironic right?  So, I was lucky and got to ride up in a car because President didn't want me to get 2 hernias!!   We are so spoiled up here and we have so many GREAT activities that we get to be a part of!
     Last Sunday I was also able to go to “Music and the Spoken Word.”  We are able to go every 6 weeks.  I even saw Uncle Ralph and got to talk to him for a little bit.  Then we had to rush off and start the presentation for a group.  It was the “Descendants of Joseph Smith” and Elder Ballard was the speaker! So, Sis. Lotoa and I got to meet Elder Ballard!  Then that night we were walking home to our apartment and Elder Hales was walking with his grand-daughter!  Haha, there are apostles everywhere!  
    Sorry, I feel like my emails are all over the place!  But I’m just trying to remember EVERYTHING!  Oh, and the CES Broadcast was on Tuesday.  It is online so if you want to hear some of the sisters sing, or you want to see my really pretty face... :) then you can go online and see it!  It was pretty cool.  There were monitors  in front of us, and we could see who the camera was focusing on;  and it was so hard not to look at the screens!  Haha, I think I looked when it was on me and I couldn't help but laugh; so you can see me laughing on the camera!  
    Also, on Temple Square we have a lot of Youth Groups that have Youth Conference here.  We usually take them on tours, and then they have a devotional with a guest speaker.  Some times the speakers are really cool, so we like to sign up and  listen to the speaker too!  (It counts for our “companionship study” that day.)  This week we got to listen to John Bytheway!!  He is seriously awesome.  He talked about ‘Standing in Holy Places’ and how living the gospel is the BEST way.  He said, “The gospel might not be the easiest, but it is the best way.  The consequences are way too painful and way too horrible to live your life in a different way."  That really hit me.  It may seem like the gospel has so many rules and commandments to follow, but the gospel is so simple and so perfect, and living your life a different way is too dangerous and too scary.  I know that that is true.  The gospel is a blessing and God loves us so much that he restored the gospel back to the earth so that we could be blessed and kept safe.  
    Thank you for all your prayers and the love that you give to me.  I love you all and I am so blessed to be a missionary at this time!  Have a wonderful week and I will talk to you next week.

The church is true!
Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment