Monday, January 20, 2014

12/17/13

Family,
   Hello!  How is everyone doing?  Well this week has been very powerful and very good!  Wednesday Elder Don Clarke (70) came and did a mission tour with us and it was from 8 in the morning till 4!  You would think that you would get tired from hearing from the same person for that many hours, but he was INCREDIBLE.  He has completely changed my view as a missionary and has changed my approach to how I want to do missionary work.  There is way too many notes and quotes that I want to tell you so I will just attach the document to the email!  He was so powerful and I loved everything he talked about, I literally wrote 15 pages on notes!  I will share something that I loved though, he said " God lets US do His works so we become more like Him, he doesn't need us but he lets us."  What a GREAT opportunity it is to be a missionary.  He chastised us a lot as well and he told us, "How can you be a Preach My Gospel missionary if you are not reading it every day?" You can all guess what we have been doing every day without fail!  :)  He also had everyone in the mission stand up who had ever been inactive in the church... I was shocked how many stood up! But he told us we WILL all go inactive if we don't make the Book of Mormon the most important book in our life. He gave us so many tips and things to do after our missions with education and marriage and everything and it was awesome!  The attachment is the notes that got sent to the whole mission so not necessarily mine but you will enjoy them I think! 
   Also this Thursday we went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert.  Holy cow!  I did NOT think that this was that intense but it was unreal.  For 4 nights in a row all 21,000 seats in the Conference Center were filled!  Deborah Voigt the opera singer performed...not always a huge fan of opera but wow she was incredible and really cool John Davies who plays Gimli in Lord of the Rings was a guest too!  He told the Christmas Carol story and recounted Luke 2 and it was just something like I have never seen before.  So awesome!!
   The last thing I wanted to tell you about is my investigator Sheldon.  He is from Canada he is 44 and he is single.  I met him on chat and he was very sincere and wanted to learn more, he gave me his number and email and I started teaching him over the phone.  I have been calling him a lot and he is amazing.  He went to church last Sunday and he called me and said,"Mindy how long do I have to wait to be baptized?"  I was like holy cow this guy is the best!  So anyway he is amazing and it has been amazing to see the Lord and the Spirit be able to work through me.  I am going to also attach and email I got from Sheldon this week.  It is people like this that you love so much because you see how much the gospel is changing and helping them be better.  The gospel has changed his life and I love having the chance to be a part of that change in people's lives.  
   I will talk to you in one week!  WOW I can't believe it I am so excited!  I love you all.  i love you Mom and Dad and appreciate all the love and support you show and give to me on my mission.  Thank you for everything!  

Merry Christmas!  

The church is true.  

Sister Mindy Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment