Monday, January 27, 2014

1/27/14

Well hello there family!!!


     Sadly this week has been a little bit slower than normal!  I told you all about our crazy adventures on Monday.  So we weren't able to do anything Monday...well then Tuesday we had to get a ride to Mt. Vernon to go pick up our car.  As we slowly drove (in the snow and ice...and on our little donut of a tire) we finally got to the car shop.  We waited as the people put the new tire on the car.  It took us all day to do that and we were so tired we fell asleep in the tire shop.  It scared us so bad because the workers honked the horn soo bad to wake us up because they were done and we were sleeping :)  
    So our ward is the Cedar Rapids 1st ward.  We share the ward with the elders in our district.  We have been putting so much time and thought and lots of meetings throughout the week with them and the ward mission team.  We have come up with a plan as to how we would like the members in the ward to get involved and help us with the work.  It has been a real struggle being united with the members in the ward....but I truly feel like this is one of the things I was called here to do is to maybe not necessarily baptize or teach A TON in Iowa but to bring unity between the missionaries and the members.  I have the strongest testimony that the members in the ward help us the most. Without the help of the members the work that I was called to do can not hasten as fast as it needs to!  So I guess that is my invitation to you as well is to do everything you can to help the missionaries that are in the ward.  Try your best to give them names and referrals they can try.  The names members give are always stronger because they have a connection with the member.  I will probably tell you more about what we are going to present to the ward next week.  We just presented it to ward council but we are so excited to put it into action.  
     This week has been freezing!  We have had our cars grounded 2 times this week (plus the day we had to get the new tire) meaning we could still walk and go places and one day where we were grounded and had to stay in the apartment because it was way too cold! But today as we speak apparently is supposed to be one of the coldest days. They cancelled school yesterday for today and with windchill it is supposed to be supposedly -45 at the lowest....that just makes me want to cry!  It is still cold regardless, but the wind is what kills me....i honestly can't talk or breathe when it comes in my face!! 
     Friday and Saturday we went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders.  I went into the other area with one of the sisters and we went to the pinewood derby!  I think, as far as I know, it was the first one I have gone to!  It was awesome and was a more relaxing way of talking and visiting with members as well as investigators that were there!  We had a little slumber party, and I stayed at their home...we just switched spots.  It was good.  Exchanges are funny.  Because I never want to actually do them because I miss my companion and feel comfortable with how she teaches and everything like that but I also always learn so much from them.  It was fun to learn from Sister Cannon and get ideas of how to improve. 
     I love being a missionary.  Missionary work has truly brought me the most happiness that I have had in my life.  I love people.  I know I didn't talk much at home but the mission has really changed that (mom will be proud of me) I love talking with people and all I want to do is talk with others.  I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to come on a mission.  My mission already means everything to me.  My mission has changed me for the better and the things I have learned out here so far are so special to me.  I love this gospel.  I love sharing the gospel.  I know it is true and I know it is God's work.



Love you all
Sister Marsh



The church is true.

Sister Melinda Marsh
3455 Crown Ave.
Marion, IA 52302

No comments:

Post a Comment