Monday, January 20, 2014

1/7/14

IOWA DES MOINES BOUND!!!!!
   I am so happy I had one more pday to talk to everyone before I left!  This week has been a lot of ups and downs!  A lot has happened this week and I don't want to forget anything so I am going to go day by day! 
   Tuesday-New Years Eve!  We were to come back to the members home we had our Christmas Dinner with the Saturday before Christmas, but because we are not allowed to spend time with members in their home we had to ask President.  He said we were allowed to go!  So we went up to their house all day for pday and we went sledding and it was the best!  4 of the 6 people that came had never seen snow before so it was so much fun to see them sled down the hills!  Then that night we had a mission party.  We had food, movies, and sparkling cider, and a countdown until 10:00....hahah we don't stay out till 12!  Then President announced who was going outbound and he announced my name!! 
   Thursday-President was very nice and wanted us to visit the Carl Bloch art exhibit at BYU.  So Thursday morning really early we caught the Trax and then the Front Runner to Provo.  The MTC buses were supposed to take us to BYU but they came an hour late so we waited outside in the freezing cold until the buses came I thought my toes were gonna fall off!  The exhibit was awesome and very spiritual.  We got to walk around campus as well which was kind of weird knowing that I was just there in April but it was really fun!  
   Friday-We went to dinner with Bruce!  I honestly think it was a tender mercy to have seen him that night because he was able to tell me mom was trying to get a hold of me.  If it wasn't for that I don't think I would have been able to get a hold of President to let me talk to her.  The news broke my heart about Matt.  We scheduled a time to meet up the next day so we could talk about everything that had happened.  That night I came home and cried to my Heavenly Father.  I prayed so hard that night about the Plan of Salvation and the plan that God has for each and every one of His children.  I know that God has a plan for all of us.  I know that of course it is not an easy thing for anyone and it hasn't been for me either, but I know that Matt was needed back.  I truly know that he is helping the family and is helping his Heavenly Father out on the other side.  I have felt his hand and his love in the missionary work that I am doing.  I know that he is where he needs to be and that he is watching over all of us.  
   Saturday-I went out to the temple grounds and saw Brad and Emily and all of Em's family and cousins.  They were there for Zac's wedding and it was so fun to see them and to see Shaun back from his mission.  Then the best part of the day was seeing mom!  I love you so much Mom and I was so glad I was able to see you especially this week and right before I was going to leave to go outbound.  I am so grateful for you and for all the things you do for me.  I appreciate you so much and am so grateful you are my mom!  
   Monday-Transfer conference!  Des Moines IOWA!  What the heck!  I am so nervous but I am so excited!  A sister in my district is going with me to the same place and she is also from Arizona!  I am so glad I will have a buddy going with me.  I am scared and feel so new like I am coming straight from the MTC but I am excited for what it has in store for me.  That night we got together as a whole mission and had a concert.  Peter Breinholt and David Polk performed for us.  It was amazing!  Peter is a guitarist and singer and David accompanies him on the piano.  It was wonderful!  Then there were some special guests that were from New Zealand along with the New Zealand sisters who did the haka (spelling might be wrong).  Then as a whole mission we got up and sang Aloha 'oe as we covered the Gilletes with leis.  It was a very sad night as you can imagine.  It was our last hooray with them and we were all crying but it was a really nice program.
    And now I am finished packing and am all checked out from the Temple Square mission and am just waiting to leave tomorrow.  I am nervous but very excited.  I hope I don't become "the next statue on Temple Square" as dad would say.  But I know that this is where I need to go right now and I am excited to see why! I love you all so much.  I love you Wessel family.  You have been in my heart and prayers.  I love you all.  I love this gospel and I love this work.  I will talk to you Monday and maybe you will get word that I arrived safely! 

The church is true. 

Sister Mindy Marsh 

No comments:

Post a Comment