Monday, January 20, 2014

12/31/13

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
   Wow I can't believe how fast everything is flying by.  Christmas just came and went and then today is New Year's and its all just going way too fast.  Sometimes I wish I could slow it all down.  First off, Happy Birthday Clara!  The big 18 yipee!  I love you Clara and I can't believe you are already 18 and you're going to graduate and go to college soon....freaks me out!  
    So Christmas ended up very very nice.  I will admit that my favorite part was talking to you guys but it was still a good night!  We met in our pajamas (me and Sister Cardus got matching pajamas that I will send pictures of) and we watched Christmas for a Dollar.  It was really good and relaxing and while we watched it we were eating honey baked ham!  My favorite as you all know!  Then Sister Gillette got up to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...by the way I still have it memorized from Mrs. Hubbard...but in the middle of it she started messing up and she was like "Hold up, let me start all over;" so when she started over it was all changed to Temple Square themed and as she talked about Santa, Elder Creer, a senior couple who left our mission a couple months ago, came in dressed as Santa!  He was awesome!  He had every single sister come up and get presents from him.  We got these bags that have the temple on them that we have all been trying to figure out how we could get one, and there was a stocking inside and TONS of stuff inside! I will send pictures today of what was inside!  We were all shocked though when we saw giftcards to Walmart and then each of us having a 50$ bill inside....that is 10,000$ alone plus everything else that we got which I know was not cheap...We are so spoiled it is unreal!  Then we had pie for dessert as we watched Happy Feet!  Oh man I was dead tired the next day but it was such a fun celebration!  
    On a more spiritual end...Sheldon got baptized on Sunday!!!!! Sheldon has been one of my favorite people to teach my whole mission.  I met him on chat and he has been so prepared from day one. He has been so fired up and so excited to learn and be a part of the church since the day I talked to him on chat! Even though I have never met him in person I really feel like I have had to try so hard to get to know him and understand him spiritually, it has been a wonderful experience as I have got to know him.  I love him and I hope that I will be able to meet him in person some day.  
    Transfers are this next week!  Luckily I will get pday on Tuesday and then I am almost 99.9% sure I am going outbound and so my pdays will change to Monday and I will be able to email you 6 days later YAY! Also I will be able to call you for 5 minutes to tell you where I am going outbound... I find out tonight IF I am going outbound...not where but IF I will go.  So this little information should be legit unless I found out tonight that I am not going!  ha we will see!  
    Last thing I promise.  So last night we went to a little ice cream place during our dinner time and Elder and Sister Oaks were there!  Woah!  So cool.  We talked to them for about 10 minutes and it was so awesome. I love the 12 apostles so much.  I decided that a new goal for my mission is to meet all 12 apostles and the First Presidency!  Sounds like a lofty goal but I think in my mission it is quite reachable!  :)  
     Well I think that is it for this week!  We are having a party tonight at 9 but not sure what that will entail!  I love you all.  Thanks for everything and for all the support and love you give to me!  Have a wonderful week!  and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!   Cheers to 2014!

The church is true.
Sister Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment